Parisian holiday-Notre Dame

    Today is my third day in Paris, I know I am coming to the end of my trip in Paris .  This place has been so lovely that I want to come back here again.
     We start our day from Notre Dame Cathedral. We reach there and the queue is long but it is fast moving as the entry is absolutely free here J. It was not even ten minutes and we reached the entrance of the beautiful cathedral.
      
         


 By the time we reached here, the prayers were on and we grabbed our seats in the last and offered some prayers too. It was peaceful and beautiful from inside. 

          


      The architecture and art on the roof and walls were just one of its kinds and worth capturing in the pictures. This cathedral is not to miss once you are in Paris. The church started building in the 12th century and took some 300 years when the construction finally came to an end.  This is one of the most prominent Cathedrals in France today, and one of the oldest ones too. I was glad, I got to visit this beautiful church, my mind was peaceful as I offered prayers here and lit a candle of wish too. Starting the day from a holy place definitely gives some relaxation to one’s mind and soul.




      Area surrounding the cathedral has lots in store for one. Cafes, souvenir shop , restaurants, and stores all lined up on the lanes. St. Michel area is good for some souvenir shopping for friends and family. Also book lovers do not miss the bookshop Shakespeare And Company. It is a cute bookstore with its frontage looking like in the old times. Further we crossed the St. Michel fountain and got some good clicks here. How can we forget the famous Love Lock bridge. It was a few steps from Notre Dame on our walk towards Louvre. This bridge is very famous for the locks tied by lovers. So once in Notre Dame, do not forget to cover these few spots.
    
   
   
    
 It is almost afternoon and we decide to take a lunch break. After lunch we decide to walk to Champs Elysees. It isn’t nearby but we decide to walk as the beauty of Paris and its lanes can only be discovered on foot. Actually I didn’t want to miss a single photo point ;)  On our walk we cross many attractions which we have seen and heard about in movies. We cross the famous Pont Alexandre III bridge, and I can bet on it that pictures taken here are the most scenic of all. The view from the bridge is splendid. It is one of the most elegant bridge in the world. The Seine river with big vessels crossing underneath the bridge ..Aah what a view. I just wanted to be there for a while and lock the view in my eyes forever. I wonder these lovely bridges hold so much significance,  it makes the place look just stunning. After seeing the world’s most beautiful bridge we head to our next destination. We walk for another fifteen minutes following our app and reach Avenue De Champs Elysees. It runs for around 2 kms and ends at Arc The Triomphe which is our last destination for today. Who hasn’t dreamt of strolling on this designer street. It looks as if this street is designed and it would get dirty if we walk with our shoes on . What a street! What an ambience! I haven’t seen such a high end street before. Trees on both sides lined up end to end , multiples cafes all organized in a very neat manner from the beginning till the end of the stretch, stores from cosmetics to labelled dresses, brands from A to Z. You ask for it and it is here. We shopped and ate and had a gala time walking along this 2 kms long stretch and finally reached Arc The Triomphe. It is one of the most famous monuments in Paris. It reminded me of Gateway of India in Mumbai. We had a photo moment here and wanted to call it a day now. My legs were lousy to walk anymore and asking me for some break now. It had been a walk of approximately 8 kms today. I am glad my cardio quota for the year was done ;). We decided to return to our hotel and relax and gear up for the next day which was our last day in Paris L  




Comments

  1. So vivacious!! Tanu I felt like I was standing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks dear, i am glad i cud give u a little glance of the city :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts