Parisian Holiday-Top of Eiffel Tower


    We sip a cuppa coffee and now we start our walk towards Eiffel  Tower. We set our destination on google map app and start walking. One should avoid using taxis in Europe as the beauty of this place can be truly discovered only by walk. Lovely lanes, picturesque  river, numerous bridges hanging on the same river but all bridges have some niche about itself, cute shops, lush green parks, huge monumental buildings  all cross by,  when one strolls through the lanes towards the destination. You get plentiful scenic locations during your walk so you can click as many pictures and do justice to your European trip. Carrying internet on the phone is a must in Europe, my personal experience was excellent when we used Google Maps and it showed the shortest possible and correct routes. It is very dependable and we covered entire Paris by walk with help of this application.
Now we reach Tour Eiffel and I can see a huge queue at the ticket counter. There are people from various origins all excited and thrilled to climb on the beauty today. Here we have a choice to either go to the second floor only, or the Top of the Eiffel tower. If you wish to go to the second floor only, you can also use the staircase, visitors do use the staircase here and burn some extra calories. If not in love with walking you can choose to go by the lift. One must buy tickets accordingly. Ticket prices vary for stairs, lift to second floor and lift to the Top. So one must decide and choose before reaching the counters. During peak season queues are longer so do not forget to carry an umbrella and a bottle of water along.
     I was excited but I have fear of heights as well. At this instant I paused in my mind and wondered “Do  I love Eiffel Tower so much?, I flew all the way from India to kiss this beauty  I know, but the top?, I wrote so much about my love with Eiffel Tower.. but the top L,? And I know my inner self is teasing me with these questions and calling me a quitter.
  By now I am already walking towards the elevator and wondering all sort of bad things that can happen to me on my journey up. Creepy thoughts coming my way but I tell them to go away. I know I am just faking to be brave as the reality is that I am honestly scared and just want to go back.  “Will it shake, will I suffocate, will I puke, will I faint” oh please spare me the dreadful thoughts. And I step in. This elevator is like an open one so I am happy that it will not suffocate us. The elevator starts moving upwards and I can feel my tummy growling. This one is a pulley like lift which wobbles while moving up. I start liking it now and can see Paris from a good height. Wow! It is so picturesque that I so want to click pictures but I can’t leave the handle as I am sure I will fall on my face. So I leave the idea of clicking pictures here on this lift. We reach the second floor and I feel so relaxed. Now there is a lift change. 
             

View from second floor
                                    


This one is a big elevator and will take us to the top of the tower. We all set ourselves in comfortable positions and hold the sidebars tightly and get ready for the journey upwards. Okay, and it starts moving up vertically, means literally vertical. Its moving up, up and up and I am wondering that when will it stop finally. I am so nervous as it has been some minutes now but the elevator  is not stopping but only moving up. I can see the world underneath and everything down there is becoming smaller and smaller. I am really petrified and praying that it stops now. It seemed to me as if we were nearing the Almighty. And it stopped. All of us felt so relaxed once the lift stopped and grabbed our breath. We step out and a beautiful scenery awaits us here. It is lovely and worth the visit. You can see entire Paris from here and pictures taken from here come beautifully. There is a Kiss point here so do not forget to kiss your love here.

View from second floor
   

  So even if you are scared of heights, do not miss this beauty. The scenery up there is striking and will be cherished forever.







  

Comments

  1. I just loved your pics.. so beautifully taken..what views! Marvellous too!! I loved your detailed description.. I must go to Paris.. to fall in love with it like u did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neha :) You should definitely go to Paris, and u will surely fall in love with it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts