Parisian holiday - Trocadero

Paris, City of Love.
Today is 15th of June 2017 when I land in Paris. I dreamt of this day since my teens and had an urge within to visit Paris. Paris is a dream mostly for all girls who live in a fairy tale world. Who dream of their Prince charming coming their way, asking for their hand and having a romantic journey with the Prince and hence live happily ever after.
Whenever I hear the phrase “happily ever after”, I always picture the Eiffel Tower in my mind. I do not know what is the connect but I always feel Paris is the city of Love, city of dreams , city of fairy tales and city of “live happily ever after” . Today is the day, my aircraft has landed after a journey of eight long hours. We all stand up and are waiting for our turns to disembark. It is a Jumbo jet so it is taking some time to open. And now we start moving towards the exit. “Yayy..i am  finally approaching and I will be stepping into Paris Hurray”. My first step onto Europe and my teenage crush Paris. I come out of the jet , step down the stairs and I am breathing In as much oxygen as i can as now I felt too excited and joyful. My happiness is like a child’s. There is bus to pick us all up and drop to the airport entry points. The runway area is lush green and exquisite.
    We were now waiting for our taxi. And I see a huge Merc taxi with a sunroof coming my way and yes it stopped by us. Wow what a welcome, We all love Merc and I am so excited for the journey to our hotel.  It  is going to be an hour long drive. The drive begins and everyone started enjoying the lovely view of the outskirt. I am tired and jet lagged but not so much to peep out from the sunroof. On looking out of the sunroof I experience breath taking views, golden sunshine, fresh air and an experience of a lifetime. It is truly ecstatic. In between I can feel my  mom’s hand grabbing me downwards saying “ have some biscuits you must be hungry” Now I know she wants to stand up too. I am pulling my self upwards and want to enjoy every bit of this beauty but my mommie doesn’t want me to. Okay and there I come down and instantly I see her sneaking out just like a chick peeking out from its egg. I sit back and relax and our drive continues to our hotel. As we enter the city I can see huge buildings,  done with same kind of architecture, all so much in sync that everything just looks so perfect. Every building has cute balconies in floors called French balcony. They so cutely decorated with fresh colourful flowers. It is a perfect view and fairytale come true for me.
We reach our hotel, freshen up and we start our first day in Paris. My first love being Eiffel tower, It was the foremost in my itinerary. And I was determined to visit it every single day I was in Paris.
 Now we take a taxi and reach Trocadero. This is called the Hill of Trocadero and it is situated across river Seine and Eiffel Tower. This place is beautiful and has got the best view possible for the beauty Eiffel tower. It is windy, sunny and lovely out here in summers. One can walk along Trocadero and reach Eiffel and enjoy stunning views alongside. This is not a place to miss. I walk down Trocadero hill, click loads of pictures with the beauty and have a good laugh. Felt so refreshed and energised after such a long time. Then I walk towards Tour Eiffel . I am walking and thinking that today finally I will have my fantasy come true. Finally I will touch the beauty. I am so excited and thrilled that I can’t stop smiling in my mind. It is the same feeling when in love! I reach here and it is  already ten in the night yet sunny and lively. The Eiffel tower has already started sparkling by now and I feel as if it is giving me a warm hug of welcome. So many years of wait and this is the time I had been waiting for. The beauty sparkling and glowing like a jewel. Eiffel tower sparkles every hour for five minutes after sun set. This day I just took a stroll around the beauty, sat in the park and had a good time with my family at Tour Eiffel.




View from Trocadero

View from Trocadero


Comments

  1. Wow! So nice. I read each and every line and remembered my date with Eiffel Tower. And also remembered sunroofed taxi ride and the accompanied excitement. Your piece gave me the opportunity to relive those cherished moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much dear Aunty, you are so right, writing and reading about these trips give us such nostalgia and it is a great feeling :) I am glad u liked it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts